Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Billie in Baltimore


I finished my Google Map for Billie Holiday's childhood in Baltimore. This is my semester project for Lewis Porter's Billie Holiday and Lester Young class. Using Stuart Nicholson's research, I plotted as many significant addresses as I could find on a present-day map of Baltimore, and drove around and took pictures of the properties, and wrote comments about the whole experience. Google Maps is extraordinary, by the way. I recommend viewing this map with Firefox.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent work, Brad! Very cool and very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Erik

Unknown said...

Well done, Bradley! I think you're last blurb really hit it home, comparing Baltimore's history to Billie's.... Have you looked into uploading these markers into Google Earth?

arsy